Where To Find Help
If you are concerned that you may have a gambling problem, help is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling the National Problem Gambling Helpline 1-800-522-4700 or visit their website at www.ncpgambling.org/helpbystate
You can also find assistance and information through the following state helplines:
At Ameristar, we offer a total entertainment experience encompassing high-quality products, exciting casino action, and outstanding dining, lodging and entertainment options. In all we do, the key word is "entertainment." We want our guests to play casino games as the enjoyable pastime they are meant to be. For that reason, we are committed to promoting responsible gaming in the following ways:
- Proactively creating awareness about problem gambling among our Team Members through a comprehensive training program;
- Participating in programs that provide employee and public awareness about underage gambling;
- Making information about responsible gaming available through signage and print materials;
- Offering self-restriction programs;
- Providing confidential counseling assistance for Team Members through our Employee Assistance Program;
- Participating in national, industry-wide awareness and education programs.
Ameristar also provides significant financial support to various organizations that are dedicated to researching and treating problem gambling. This includes the National Center for Responsible Gaming as well as many state and local organizations.
Gamblers Anonymous, National Service Office
Fellowship of men and women attempting to recover from a gambling problem.
Self-help organization for family and friends of those with gambling disorders.
Division on Addictions at Cambridge Health Alliance (an affiliate of Harvard Medical School)
Organization strengthening worldwide understanding of addiction through innovative research, education and the global exchange of information.
National Center for Responsible Gaming
Organization that funds research to increase understanding of pathological and youth gambling, and finds effective methods of treatment of the disorder.